HENNA and INDIGO combo: Natural Hair Coloring
Both Henna and Indigo (indigofera tintoria) in their pure plant forms are excellent for all kinds of hair ailments, and are also gaining popularity for their ability to, when mixed together, lend a rich natural dark hue to greying hair and to those who want to add shade and dimension.
To gain optimal results with this, mix and match coloring a 2 step process should be followed correctly
- In a mixing bowl, soak the Henna Powder, with either warm Tea Water/Coffee Water/ beet water overnight.
- Add a dash of Lemon Juice if you wish to lighten the overall color result
- Add An egg to the mix should you want conditioning
- Add a few drops of Keo Karpin Hair Oil to prevent dryness
- On the next day, apply the paste on clean hair hair for one to two hours
- Rinse well only with water.
- After rinsing your hair, leave it to dry.
- Mix the Indigo Powder with warm water to form a smooth paste
- Apply on your hair, using gloves as it can stain the hands
- Leave on for one hour or more, depending on preferred darkness
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Wash your hair with a cleansing shampoo the next day.
- Oil the hair regularly to prevent drying of the ends.